Did you Feng Shui your home?
Historically, Feng shui was widely used to orient buildings—often spiritually significant structures such as tombs, but also dwellings and other structures—in an auspicious manner. Depending on the particular style of feng shui being used, an auspicious site could be determined by reference to local features such as bodies of water, stars, or a compass.
Feng shui is a Chinese philosophical system of balancing and harmonizing one’s surroundings allowing for good energy to flow through the structure. I integrate the basic feng shui principals into my business as well as in my home. It is the extremely important for me to create a feeling of security and happiness in my environment. You can instantly change your personal space from a so-so feeling to a peaceful and harmonious energy with these 10 feng shui tips.
10 Feng Shui Tips
- In your relationship corner (the back right corner) decorate in pairs – such as two candles, two pictures, four pillows. Even numbers create balanced relationships where there is an equal exchange of energy.
- Eliminate as much clutter as possible – donate, throw away, and or have a garage sale. Clutter creates stagnancy in your life. Chi or life-force energy cannot flow when there is clutter or disorganization.
- Do not store anything under your bed, doing so can cause subconscious blocks.
- Fix anything that is damaged, either repair it or replace it. By not tending to what is not in good working order, you are sending a signal of laziness to the universe.
- Place a money frog by your front door or in your money corner facing inward. The money corner is in the back left corner of your room or structure. By situating him with his mouth away from the front door, he will represent incoming money. When he is facing the door, money is going out your door.
- The Buddha represents tranquility and peace. When you bring a Buddha statue into your home, you instantly bring tranquility to your space.
- Keep a bamboo plant in your home. The bamboo plant is thought to be lucky and brings in wisdom.
- Bringing in crystals in your home always creates balance, protection and harmony in your environment. I always have amethyst, rose quartz, black tourmaline, blue lace agate and green calcite strategically placed in my home and office.
- Ring a tibetan bell throughout your home every couple of days to clear the energy.
- Take off your shoes before entering your home. By removing your shoes, you are leaving the concerns and stresses of the world outside of your private space.
It is important for our emotional, mental and physical well-being to have a safe and comfortable place where we are able to relax, regenerate and feel secure. Feng shui is an easy and effective way to create balance and harmony in your space.
via Conscious Life