Do you know how to save someone who is experiencing choking?
Do you know?
More than 5,000 people died from choking in 2015. According to Injury Facts 2017,choking is the fourth leading cause of unintentional injury death. Of the 5,051 people who died from choking in 2015, 2,848 were older than 74. Food is often responsible for choking incidents in the elderly.
When Will Olson started choking on his lunch, freshman classmate Ian Brown didn’t waste any time jumping in and helping.
The security footage video from Central High School in Wisconsin was uploaded to the School District of La Crosse’s Facebook page.
Heimlich Heroics at Central High School! Freshman Ian Brown didn't waste any time jumping in and helping his choking classmate Will Olson. Brown learned the Heimlich maneuver as part of his first aid training as a Police Explorer with the City of La Crosse Police Department.
Posted by School District of La Crosse on Thursday, 23 March 2017
Brown gave the student the Heimlich maneuver and was able to dislodge the food from Will’s throat. He then brought him to the nurse to be looked at and make sure his airway was clear.
The freshman’s quick thinking and calm under pressure have people praising him on Facebook.
She lets everyone become aware of what is happening to our beloved planet Earth and its inhabitants. She can take you beyond the space and find out how neighbor planets are doing. Moreover, she would open your eyes to the things what makes the Earth suffer including the living species and allow you to decide what you can do to help save the planet and the future generation.