Is your partner your twin flame?
People always get confused between soul mates and twin flame. They are actually two different topics. Unlike “soul mates,” which are our perfect matches (or our spiritual family) twin flames are our perfect mirrors. Relationships with twin flames tend to be on-again-off-again, intensely passionate, and sometimes intensely painful.
A twin flame or mirror soul is a person you are destined to feel connected to on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level. This person serves as your ultimate friend, lover, or teacher in your life.
Twin flames are a catalyst for your spiritual growth.
They mirror your deepest desires, needs, and fears. They reflect back to you all your inner shadows, as well as your deepest beauty and greatest strength. And they help you access your enormous emotional, psychological, and spiritual potential.
Twin flames could also be considered as mirror souls because of the way they reflect your deepest needs, desires, dreams, and shadow elements of souls.
What’s the difference between a Twin Flame and a Soul Mate?
Soul Mates are not always romantic nor heterosexual connections.They’re not always the romantic partners of the same sex and most times are your platonic friends or family members.
However, Twin Flames are Soul Mates destined to be your romantic partners. Even though some relationships might not be romantic in nature, they have a strong tendency and predisposition to become one.
Meeting with a twin flame is exciting. However, it may sometimes result in a needy romanticized projection which means one points an idealized image onto the other.
When this act is not reciprocated or welcomed, the other one gets disillusioned. Suffering from a low self-esteem and lack of self-love could also lead someone for a needy acceptance from the other. Hence, one must be careful not to fall trap in infatuation or idolization.
Twin flames tend to appear in whatever stages you are in your life. You must then be receptive and conscious of the people you surround yourself with.
Here are the 14 major twin flames signs:
1. There are peculiarity and baffling sense of “recognition” when this person enters your life. You feel that you’ve known this person for so long.
2. You feel you found a safe haven with this person. You feel that your long wait is over.
3. You are able to express all that you are with this person and act as genuinely as you could be without the fear of rejection, judgment or persecution. You feel absolute freedom with them.
4. You both embody the yin and yang. Meaning your dark side is balanced by the other’s light side and the other’s dark side is balanced by your light side.
5. You feel you are greater than your limited identity and feel a sense of expansion with them.
6. You bring out the best in each other.
7. You are finely tuned to each other’s energy as if you share the same frequency. You are highly emphatic with each other’s emotions.
8. Your connection with each other is so deep it goes beyond surface similarities. And you both mirror each other’s values and life aspirations.
9. Your twin flame mirrors your fears and thus desires the most for your own healing. The process of healing could challenge you or infuriate you, yet this is what twin flame is here for – to bring about your healing in every possible way and teach you lessons about your fears, core wounds, and repressions.
10. You might leave your twin flame intentionally or unintentionally, yet you always find yourself magnetically attracted back to each other.
11. Either one of you is more mature on the soul level and thus serves as a teacher, counselor, or confidant for the other.
12. Your twin flame could be your best friend, lover, teacher, nurturer, or muse rolled into one. This makes your connection multi-faceted.
13. You accept each other as you are and don’t bother to change each one. This acceptance must be applied to yourself too.
14. You feel free to be truthful with each other about anything.